Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

New Old Poems

I have a few older poems I've been revising and agonizing over for a long time up at Dead Mule. Poems about religiosity and southernosity and stuff. Writing that southern legitimacy statement is a hell of a lot of fun.

This semester is breaking my mind a little bit having to think about Pound and Darcie Dennigan and Blake all at the same time--but I'm really glad that I am no longer scared of prose poems, experimentation, narrative fuckery, et cetera in contemporary poetry, thanks to the careful selection of texts by Prof. Petrosino. Writing about Ibsen, however, is a drag.

Looking forward to next semester, which will probably contain more French study than poetry classes. I think I'm going to opt out of the mixed-genre workshop in the spring. Maybe. Fiction hard. Mary no like! I'm probably going to do this French theater practicum which sounds really fun.

THERE ARE SO MANY READINGS ALL THE TIME and I can't go to all of them or even most of them.


0 comments:

Post a Comment