Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

First Two Daily Poems Drafts for April!

Marisol's Tale


In the beginning I was an exhaustion
of split dreams. I was so many women:

the one with the fist of clenched hair, 
woman in the shape of a high leather

boot--the one who forgot the Lord's 
Prayer. What is is that comes after

I shall not want? I remember straying
in the wilderness before love. I remember

the brightness of it, driving me down 
on my knees. How do you get the best of it?

Say no to a man. Learn to be the proud
Virgin-Mary rising on her leaven. 

On the sixth day, I refused heaven.
All my words a spite of black clouds. 






Donestre Cento


Twilight is not good for maidens

Out of this dust they are coming     delicate

as grasshoppers       a light      gathering
              in the skull


Crying is a habit       with me being able
to eat and incorporate        beauty like this

                                                       heaven / bad music


Myself anyhow       maybe as old
as the universe
                                               I remember “remember” means
to put the arms     and legs

back on       and sometimes

the head.




0 comments:

Post a Comment